REMINDER: BEGINNING JAN 1, 2015, ALL IHCA EVENT REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL, PRIOR TO ALL EVENTS, TO RECEIVE NAME BADGES AND ENTER SESSIONS! . IF we have not received payment by the Friday prior to the training, you will be required to provide a credit card for payment.
Join us in recognizing nutrition and food service professionals and other members of the dietary team for their hard work and dedication to preparing & serving nutritious meals by sending them to a day of education & appreciation.
Agenda – Under Construction!
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm (1.5 CEUs)
Foodservice Regulations, Survey Trends & Updates | Rachell Larsen RDN, LD,
Lead Operations Dietitian, S & S Nutrition Network, Inc
2:45 pm – 3:45 pm (1.0 CEU)
Food Service Cost Control During and After a Pandemic | Kelee Hansen, RD, Executive VP of Operations, Thomas Cuisine Management
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on occupancy, additional supply expenses, and higher than usual food inflation requires Certified Dietary Managers and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists to become even more astute financial stewards of limited resources. With this heightened awareness on food, labor and supply costs, we need to consider the following objectives:
- Determine where your system or facility wants to compete in the market from a food and culinary services perspective.
- Utilize your GPO partner(s) to maximize their value and improve your food cost and bottom line.
- Involve your entire team in identifying and implementing cost savings opportunities.
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm (1.0 CEU)
IDDSI Implementation: Take a Stroll Through the Resources | Sue Linja, RDN, LD, S & S Nutrition Network
Whether you have already implemented the International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI) or you are planning to start soon, this session will help you navigate the many amazing teaching and training resources available to you. Through this interactive presentation, the instructor will show you how to access training videos, skills testing, free products and more – all important tools to assist with successful IDDSI implementation.
1. Understand the basics about the IDDSI diet and liquid criteria and how to implement systems to help ensure safety for your residents.
2. Identify useful tools, testing/training methods, and quality assurance and performance improvement resources
3. Learn how to navigate websites with countless training opportunities for assistance with educating individuals on IDDSI
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.