The “Your Special Smiles Project” mission is to increase oral health & quality of life for adults who have special needs and for geriatric patients who have limited mobility.
How to Donate to the Smiles Project
You can donate by check to:
The IHCA Foundation
13945 W Wainwright Dr, Suite 101
Boise, ID 83713
We are excited and proud to provide support and education to those who are caring for Idaho’s most vulnerable populations.
2023 Fundraising Opportunities
Mission: The Idaho Health Care Association Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life of the aged and those with disabilities in Idaho and to supporting the education of individuals who serve them.
IHCAF Priority Goals for 2023
Raise $10,000 this year.
- Hold fundraising events (raffles, silent auction, & golf tournament)
- Pursue public donations
- Recruit caregivers to the industry
- Partner with technical schools, universities, and colleges
Provide funds to pay for training for individuals working in Idaho health care facilities & agencies and the community at large.
- Seek funding to pay for job skills training, education, and tools for employee retention and moving up the career ladder
Work to create a positive public perception for the long term care profession.
- Publicize work of the Foundation
- Hold educational sessions for professionals and public
- Promote a “how to” checklist for families to use when selecting an appropriate health care setting
- Partner with community organizations
Promote careers in long term care by awarding scholarships to those continuing employment in Assisted Living, Intermediate Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities and Home Health, Home Care & Hospice Agencies.
Scholarship application (only one submission needed):
- Award Delta Holloway Scholarship (up to $3,000)
- Award Dorothy Witmer Scholarship (up to $3,000)
- Award Sheri Rogers Scholarship (up to $3,000)
- Award Diana Cullin Scholarship (up to $3,000)
- Award Sue Linja Scholarship (up to $3,000)
* For donations, you may need the foundation’s W9, which you can download HERE.
The Idaho Health Care Association Foundation (IHCAF) earned 501(c)(3) nonprofit status as recognized by the IRS in June, 2008.