Did you know:
• According to the CDC, “Antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest public health challenges of our time.”
• Antibiotic resistance leads to increased mortality; longer hospital stays and healthcare costs.
• Studies have shown that at least 28% of antibiotics prescribed in the United States are unnecessary.
• Antibiotic resistance is accelerated by the misuse and overuse of antibiotics as well as poor infection prevention and control.
Join our discussion to learn why implementing and maintaining robust Antibiotic Stewardship is a critical component of Infection Prevention and Control and an overview of how to implement an effective program in your facility.
Time & Presenter
10:00 am – 11:30 am MST
Rebecca Evans, IP | Consulting Resources
Rebecca Evans, Director of Operations, is pleased to be part of the Consulting Resources Team working with providers to improve operational efficiency, compliance and the quality of care for our beloved seniors. She is an Administrator and Infection Preventionist, providing guidance on regulatory compliance, policies, procedures, training and education as well as coordinating interim nursing and administrator placement. She enjoys working with teams to get to the root cause of performance and compliance issues to develop effective solutions. She is an experienced trainer in both small and large group settings with a strong background in project and personnel management, having led multi-disciplinary teams creating multimedia products for large national corporations as well as developing and managing welfare, personal development, athletic and self-reliance programs for smaller organizations. She is also an experienced ESL instructor.
Not at this time.
1.5 CEUs possible.
Registration/payment for a live ZOOM webinar does not guarantee CEUs will be awarded.
One  CEU is awarded for every sixty  minutes of actual live ZOOM webinar presentation time.
CEUs are awarded only to those individuals:
- Who are “registered” for the LIVE ZOOM webinar (no substitutions are made). Registered attendees receive a log-in link unique to the registrant and with a note that the link is “unique” and not to be shared, and with an additional NOTE: “IF you share your unique registration link or the phone number, you risk losing CEUs for this program!”
- In actual attendance of the presentation (ZOOM “Attendance Report” documents actual time logged-in and logged-out. During the housekeeping comments, registered attendees are informed “to receive CEUs you must attend the entire presentation and complete the polling question at the end of the presentation.”
- At the end of the presentation a polling question is provided for the registered attendee to “certify they have attended the entire presentation.”
IHCA staff will pull “Attendees”; “Q&A” and “Poll” reports from ZOOM to ascertain registrants on the webinar, length of time they were on and completion of the polling “certifying” they attended the entire program. Only those registrants will have their name submitted to receive CEUs.
Registrants are not to share their log-in link or webinar phone number. Doing so could result in the authorized registrant not receiving CEUs for the session.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, there is a link at the bottom of their registration e-mail, 1 day, and 1-hour reminder e-mails that allows them to cancel their registration for a refund, prior to the start of the webinar.
Registrants must retain copies of their CEU certificate and any handouts in the event they are audited by the licensing agency.
Education offered by IHCA may also be sufficient for other license types (i.e. social work, certified dietary manager, etc.) as long as the learning objectives and educational levels of the presenter(s) meet the licensure requirements. It is up to each attendee to determine the appropriateness of a session and whether it will meet the requirements of their license type.