Students will have six months from the date of registration, to complete the online coursework and exam. If not completed within six months, students must re-register at full fee.
Activity Director Course Overview
This course provides a basic training for those new to the activity profession. However; it is also an excellent resource for Activity Assistants and experienced Activity Directors. The training program is competency (skill-level) based, with a focus on the participants.
Students will have six (6) months from the date of registration to complete the online coursework and exam.
Component 1 — Class consists of six  modules and a cumulative on-line exam.
Each participant will complete:
- a reading assignment
- self-study assignments
- online participation of thoughts/discussion
- module quizzes
- end-of-course exam (must achieve 80% or better)
Component 2 — Mandatory attendance at an in-person IHCA Activity Director Track*
- *Prerequisite: Online Distance Learning modules must be completed at least three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- This track is generally offered twice yearly:
Component 3 — Work Experience
- Complete 1040 hours of supervised work experience
- Hours completed prior to attending the training may be included
- Email your completed Work Hours Verification Form to IHCA Education Director email@example.com
Download Work Hours Verification Form Here
- Supervised work experience includes:
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects and/or programs for residents
- Demonstrating your abilities to conduct the functions of Activity Directors
Who Should Attend this Course?
While this training is designed for the new activity professional, it is also an excellent course and resource for Activity Assistants as well as experienced Activity Directors.
How to Register
Please read Registration Document to learn more about the registration process.
- Upon completion of the course, students must also attend a mandatory Activity Director Course Track at either an upcoming IHCA Winter Workshop or Annual Summer Convention.
- Registration for this required mandatory track is not part of the regular class registration fee. You’ll need to register and pay for this event separately.
- Bring the completed Activity Planner and materials completed in Module 6, and be prepared to demonstrate your activity to classmates at the Winter Workshop or Annual Summer Convention.
If you have questions about this course, contact Grace Lazenby at (208) 343-9735 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has been approved by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Bureau of Facility Standards, to meet the training requirements set forth in Federal Regulation F680.
Certificate of Completion
A Certificate of Completion will be provided by Idaho Health Care Association once all three (3) components have been successfully completed.
ACTIVITY DIRECTOR ONLINE TRAINING (AL and SNF)
$275 per person
The course is not transferable and NO REFUNDS will be issued after you purchase the course.
- Students will have 6 months from the date of registration, to complete the online coursework and exam. After 6 months, student must re-register at full fee.
- Following completion of the online course, the student will be required to attend an Activities Director Track at either IHCA Winter Workshop or Annual Summer Convention.
Please read How to Register to learn more about the registration process.
January 2022 Activity Director Workshop
July 15, 2022 @ Boise Centre
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.
Activity Track Agenda
Draft Agenda – will be e-mailed to students 3 weeks prior to event.