Date: 11/03 - 11/04
Spend 2-days with Robin Hillier, CPA, STNA, LNHA RAC-MT an AANAC Master Teacher.
This intensive is designed to support the MDS Coordinator and other key members of facility leadership such as Administrators, Directors of Nursing, Rehab Directors and Nutrition Services professionals who need to understand how the MDS effects reimbursement and quality measures. MDS staff are encouraged to attend all three days of the MDS Bootcamp, while other team members can register for this class…just Day 2 & 3 depending on their needs and interests.
Robin is a certified public accountant, state tested nurse aide and licensed nursing home administrator who is also resident assessment coordinator certified and a master trainer through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC).
She is President of RLH Consulting, which provides reimbursement, accounting and operational consulting to long term care providers.
Robin is a member of AANAC’s Expert Advisory Panel and Editorial Board. Robin served as Secretary/Treasurer of the American Health Care Association Board of Governors and as a member of the OHCA Board of Directors. She is Past President of both OHCA and EFOHCA. RLH Consulting is an OHCA Platinum Champion Partner.
November 3 – 9:00am – 4:00pm MT
PATIENT DRIVEN PAYMENT MODEL and RUG III
This session will provide the information regarding the Patient Driven Payment Model used for Medicare and the RUG III classification system used in the Idaho Medicaid reimbursement methodology. This session will also provide operational strategies to help your facility be successful.
- Describe the rate components under PDPM and how each are calculated
- Describe the variable per diem rate adjustment methodologies
- Describe the interrupted stay policy
- Describe the optional Interim Payment Assessment
- Describe the compliance implications of PDPM
- Describe the RUG III resident classification system and its role in Medicaid reimbursement
- Describe operational strategies for capturing acuity for reimbursement programs
November 4 – 9:00am – 3:00pm MT
QUALITY MEASURES, SNF QRP, VBP AND THE 5-STAR RATING
This session will provide everything you need to know about quality measure calculations, the SNF Quality Reporting Program (SNF QRP) and how to monitor your performance against the 80% threshold to avoid a Medicare rate reduction, updates to the Medicare Value Based Purchasing Program (VBP), and the CMS 5-Star rating program. It will also provide tips on quality improvement.
- Describe the basics of quality measure calculations: short stay vs. long stay, risk adjustments, percentile ranking
- Describe SNF QRP and the Annual Payment Update
- Describe Medicare Value Based Purchasing
- Describe the domains and calculations used in the CMS 5-Star rating methodology
This will be on a Zoom platform.
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.