Now that we have 12 months under our belt with PDPM, this session will provide a refresher regarding how the nutrition professional can help facilities be successful under the new SNF payment methodology and discuss challenges and issues that facilities are facing. Strategies for supporting documentation will also be provided.
- Attendees will be able to list the five case mix adjusted components of PDPM and which are affected by Nutrition Services.
- Attendees will be able to describe the coding instructions for MDS Item K0100 and its effect on PDPM.
- Attendees will be able to articulate the definition of an active diagnosis for MDS coding.
Time & Presenter
10:00 am – 11:30 am MT
You will have the opportunity to submit questions during the registration process and during the presentation.
Robin L. Hillier, CPA, STNA, LNHA RAC-MT, is a certified public accountant, state tested nurse aide and licensed home administrator who is also resident assessment coordinator certified and a master trainer through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination.
She is President of RLH Consulting, which provides reimbursement, accounting and operational consulting to long term care providers.
Robin is a member of AANAC’s Expert Advisory Panel and Editorial Board. Robin served as Secretary/Treasurer of the American Health Care Association Board of Governors and as a member of the OHCA Board of Directors. She is Past President of both OHCA and EFOHCA. RLH Consulting is an OHCA Platinum Champion Partner.
Handouts will be e-mailed to registered attendees.
1.5 CEUs possible.
Registration/payment for a live ZOOM webinar does not guarantee CEUs will be awarded.
One  CEU is awarded for every sixty  minutes of actual live ZOOM webinar presentation time.
CEUs are awarded only to those individuals:
- Who are “registered” for the LIVE ZOOM webinar (no substitutions are made). Registered attendees receive a log-in link unique to the registrant and with a note that the link is “unique” and not to be shared, and with an additional NOTE: “IF you share your unique registration link or the phone number, you risk losing CEUs for this program!”
- In actual attendance of the presentation (ZOOM “Attendance Report” documents actual time logged-in and logged-out. During the housekeeping comments, registered attendees are informed “to receive CEUs you must attend the entire presentation and complete the polling question at the end of the presentation.”
- At the end of the presentation a polling question is provided for the registered attendee to “certify they have attended the entire presentation.”
IHCA staff will pull “Attendees”; “Q&A” and “Poll” reports from ZOOM to ascertain registrants on the webinar, length of time they were on and completion of the polling “certifying” they attended the entire program. Only those registrants will have their name submitted to receive CEUs.
Registrants are not to share their log-in link or webinar phone number. Doing so could result in the authorized registrant not receiving CEUs for the session.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, there is a link at the bottom of their registration e-mail, 1 day, and 1-hour reminder e-mails that allows them to cancel their registration for a refund, prior to the start of the webinar.
Registrants must retain copies of their CEU certificate and any handouts in the event they are audited by the licensing agency.
Education offered by IHCA may also be sufficient for other license types (i.e. social work, certified dietary manager, etc.) as long as the learning objectives and educational levels of the presenter(s) meet the licensure requirements. It is up to each attendee to determine the appropriateness of a session and whether it will meet the requirements of their license type.