Date: 12/01 - 12/03
REMINDER: BEGINNING JAN 1, 2015, ALL IHCA EVENT REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL, PRIOR TO ALL EVENTS, TO RECEIVE NAME BADGES AND ENTER SESSIONS! . IF we have not received payment by the Friday prior to the training, you will be required to provide a credit card for payment.
NOTE: This is NOT an AANAC Certification Course.
Spend 3-days with Robin Hillier, CPA, STNA, LNHA RAC-MT an AANAC Master Teacher.
Intended audience: MDS Coordinators and others in the IDT involved in coding the MDS
Robin is a certified public accountant, state tested nurse aide and licensed nursing home administrator who is also resident assessment coordinator certified and a master trainer through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC).
She is President of RLH Consulting, which provides reimbursement, accounting and operational consulting to long term care providers.
Robin is a member of AANAC’s Expert Advisory Panel and Editorial Board. Robin served as Secretary/Treasurer of the American Health Care Association Board of Governors and as a member of the OHCA Board of Directors. She is Past President of both OHCA and EFOHCA. RLH Consulting is an OHCA Platinum Champion Partner.
9 am – 4 pm
This three-day intensive boot camp provides an in-depth training on the RAI process, quality measurement and the Patient Driven Payment Model. This program will help nursing facility staff better understand MDS coding, what causes quality measures to trigger and how the new Medicare payment methodology works.
- State the requirements for setting assessment reference dates
- Verbalize the process for conducting resident interviews
- Describe the differences between section G and section GG and the coding instructions for both sections
- Articulate what makes a diagnosis active and how Section I effects Medicare reimbursement
- State how section J impacts quality measures and reimbursement and proper coding instructions
- Describe how to code section K and its impact on PDPM and quality measures
- Identify the qualifications for pressure ulcer staging
- Articulate which physical restraint items impact quality measures and how an alarm can be considered to be a restraint
- Describe the requirements for completing a significant change in status assessment
- Articulate the process for completing Care Area Assessments
- State the five case mix adjusted components under PDPM and which MDS items effect each component
- Identify the required PPS assessments under PDPM
SpringHill Suites by Marriot – Boise
6325 N. Cloverdale Rd.
Boise, ID 83713
Reservations may be made by calling the hotel directly at 208.939.8266 or 888.236.2427 or at: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boish-springhill-suites-boise-west-eagle/
A preferred rate to Idaho Health Care Association is $149. These rates do not include applicable state and local taxes.
Traveler Benefits include: Free parking, complimentary Breakfast Buffet, complimentary wireless or wired internet access, daily newspaper, use of on-site fitness center & indoor heated pool, Business Center and 24/7 Market. The hotel will provide shuttle service from the hotel to the IHCA office and back provided you make arrangements with the front desk, in advance.
Country Inn & Suites– Boise West at Meridian
3355 East Pine Avenue
Meridian, ID 83642
Hotel is 100% Non-smoking (outside smoking area is available) & No Pets.
• Complimentary shuttle or taxi to and from the airport
• Complimentary hot Buffet-style Breakfast
• Complimentary high-speed internet in every room
• Indoor pool & spa open 6 am – 12 am
• Business Center with complimentary printing
• 24-hour Fitness Center
• Complimentary cookies, coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate 24 hours a day
• guest washer & dryer facility
• Spacious rooms include refrigerators and microwaves
Great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and excellent shopping.
Reservations call the hotel directly and mention Idaho Health Care Association to receive the special rate. For online reservations use the company rate code #714312.
Preferred rate is $104/night single – double occupancy (does not include taxes)
Listed rates include lunch the day of the training.
- $399/person Early-bird
- $474/person after 11/23/20
- $550/person Early-bird
- $625/person after 11/23/20
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.
Idaho Health Care Association