REMINDER: BEGINNING JAN 1, 2015, ALL IHCA EVENT REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL, PRIOR TO ALL EVENTS, TO RECEIVE NAME BADGES AND ENTER SESSIONS!!!
This training course is intended:
- to prepare the licensed nurse with the knowledge, skills, and desirable attitude to be successful in this vital and growing industry.
- for individuals who have already completed the IHCA Assisted Living Administrator Course, (this course may NOT be taken in lieu of a required course for licensure) but have either not passed the Headmasters exam or would like to have in-person guidance prior to taking the exam; and/or
- for licensed AL Administrators interested in a refresher or to meet CEU requirements.
This training course consists of seven  modules developed as part of a training program for AL Nurses & AL Administrators. The seven  modules are written in a competency-based format. The seven  modules include:
1. Resident Care Management
2. Licensed Nurses Scope and Standards of Practice in Assisted Living
3. Financial Planning & Management
4. Admission Agreements
5. Human Resource Management
6. Unstoppable Teams: Improve Communication, Connection, & Effectiveness
7. Rules and Regulations for Assisted Living
8. Taking the Test! & Pearls of Wisdom (for AL Administrators)
This course provides the AL Administrator & Licensed Nurse with an enhanced knowledge of the AL industry and the critical role of the nurse. Attendees will better understand the scope & standards of practice of the Licensed Nurse and regulations associated with Delegation by the nurse to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAPs).
This training program addresses the many factors that must be in place to assure no harm comes to residents. The administrator & licensed nurse will have the opportunity to review and study the content, become knowledgeable about the role and responsibilities germane to assisted living practice, focus on problem solving, and gain confidence as professionals who serve this vulnerable population.
Listed rates include lunch and snack breaks each day of the training and your copy of the training manual.
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.