FOR SUCCESSFUL SLIDING SCALE THERAPY YOU NEED A CONSISTENT & PREDICTABLE LIFESTYLE. Participate in a discussion on the specifics related to what the ADA recommends in the elderly and what CMS rules are related to Sliding Scale Insulin Therapy. Bring your questions and challenges in working with residents on sliding scale insulin therapy.
1. Identify the different types of Insulins and their relative times to peak
2. Understand the timing of those different types of insulins in relation to eating times
3. Differentiate between SSI and Basal Bolus Insulin therapies
4. Self-Identify specific challenges within your building of insulin delivery
Time & Presenter
10:00 am – 11:30 am MT
Matthew McClure, PharmD, Account Executive, PharMerica Pacific North West
Matthew received his PharmD. from the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Colorado in 2016 and went on to complete his pharmacy residency at St.Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise the summer of 2017.
Matthew has been with PharMerica since 2009 and has worked in a variety of capacities from pharmacy technician, staff pharmacist, to pharmacy consultant, and now is currently doing business development within the Pacific Northwest helping customers control their medication utilization and spend.
None at this time.
1.5 CEUs possible.
Registration/payment for a live ZOOM webinar does not guarantee CEUs will be awarded.
One  CEU is awarded for every sixty  minutes of actual live ZOOM webinar presentation time.
CEUs are awarded only to those individuals:
- Who are “registered” for the LIVE ZOOM webinar (no substitutions are made). Registered attendees receive a log-in link unique to the registrant and with a note that the link is “unique” and not to be shared, and with an additional NOTE: “IF you share your unique registration link or the phone number, you risk losing CEUs for this program!”
- In actual attendance of the presentation (ZOOM “Attendance Report” documents actual time logged-in and logged-out. During the housekeeping comments, registered attendees are informed “to receive CEUs you must attend the entire presentation and complete the polling question at the end of the presentation.”
- At the end of the presentation a polling question is provided for the registered attendee to “certify they have attended the entire presentation.”
IHCA staff will pull “Attendees”; “Q&A” and “Poll” reports from ZOOM to ascertain registrants on the webinar, length of time they were on and completion of the polling “certifying” they attended the entire program. Only those registrants will have their name submitted to receive CEUs.
Registrants are not to share their log-in link or webinar phone number. Doing so could result in the authorized registrant not receiving CEUs for the session.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, there is a link at the bottom of their registration e-mail, 1 day, and 1-hour reminder e-mails that allows them to cancel their registration for a refund, prior to the start of the webinar.
Registrants must retain copies of their CEU certificate and any handouts in the event they are audited by the licensing agency.
Education offered by IHCA may also be sufficient for other license types (i.e. social work, certified dietary manager, etc.) as long as the learning objectives and educational levels of the presenter(s) meet the licensure requirements. It is up to each attendee to determine the appropriateness of a session and whether it will meet the requirements of their license type.