- The IHCA Activity Director Training Program meets one of the qualifying options for Activity Directors identified in the document,Guidance To Surveyors–Long Term Care Facilities(Tag Number F249, pp 59), issued by Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Bureau of Facility Standards.
Classroom instruction and actual work experience in a long term care facility is also required for successful course completion.The participant is required to complete thirty four (34) hours of classroominstruction, and one thousand forty (1040)hours of supervised experience(hours accumulated prior to attending the training can be included).Attendees are encouraged to bring copies of the following items to the training:
- Job description (for your position) SNF/AL
- Initial Activity Assessment form (used by the facility) SNF/AL
- A care plan with confidential information removed or blacked out SNF/AL
- Written outline of THREE (3) successful activities to share with the group in written form (1 copy will be sufficient, additional copies can be made during the training) SNF/AL
- The Verification of Work Experience Form (signed by your Administrator) SNF (on IHCA website)
- Spring Hill Suites:
Ask for the Idaho Health Care Association group rate.
AL Member Rate = $200
AL Non-Member Rate = $450
SNF Member = $400
SNF Non-Member = $650
Listed rates include lunch and snack breaks each day of the training and your copy of the training manual.
All registration fees must be paid in full before certificates of completion & CEU certificates are awarded.
You must register online by midnight on Wednesday, September 10th. Pre-registration required.
Cancellations & No-Shows
Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee if made more than seven (7) business days prior to the event. There will be no refund or credit granted for “no-shows” and cancelled registration within seven (7) business days of the event. Training dates are subject to change. Additional dates may be added due to demand. Please note — IHCA reserves the right to re-schedule any training that does not meet minimum registration requirements.