Department of Labor
Train your employees – Get reimbursed for training costs
Help your employees to earn Department of Labor certificates
- Enroll your facility to participate in IHCA’s Apprenticeship program by filling out the Employer form and returning it to IHCA.
- Enroll your employee in an Apprenticeship by filling out Form 671 specifying which Apprenticeship they want and return it to IHCA.
- IHCA will set up the employee in the Dept of Labor website, for tracking.
- Classroom learning – Apprentices are provided classroom instruction on critical aspects of their careers. Classes are provided by IHCA or Idaho community colleges.
- Apprentices receive a wage increase, either after completing the course or after 1000 hours.
- Apprentices receive on the job learning under the instruction and guidance of a mentor. (A total of 2000 hours.)
- Apprentices receive another wage increase after they work 2000 hours.
- Apprentices earn a portable, nationally-recognized credential within their industry.
- Facilities can request up to $1500 in reimbursement for each of the first four apprentices.
In partnership with
Ready to Start?
Please Click the button below to request a form.