The IHCA Home Care “Seal of Approval” is awarded to members that meet criteria and are committed to quality standards.
* A Caring Hand Home Care 208.342.3013
* Alliance PCS 208.552.0249
* BlueBird Health 208-401-9350
* Stonebridge Homecare Solutions ID 208.888.7877
* Terrace Health 208.506.7200
* Trinity Home Care & Resource, Inc. 208.939.8275
Those standards include:
- Provide a minimum eight (8) hours of initial training to caregivers that cover the following areas
- Eating and Feeding
- Toileting, Incontinence, Personal Care and Hygiene
- Mobility and Transferring
- Knowledge of program limitations and duties that require a licensed nurse
- Supervision of Cognitive Impairments, behaviors
- Caregiver First Aid
- Demonstration of Personal Cares
- Client rights, privacy, reporting concerns and financial considerations
- Demonstration of Personal Cares (when appropriate)
- Provide eight (8) hours of continuing education to caregivers, annually.
- Conduct background checks on all caregivers.
- Do TB testing on all caregivers upon hire.
- Employ or contract with an RN to provide orientation, training, coordinate & supervise care.
- Maintain liability insurance.
- Provide worker’s compensation.
- Implement an active Quality Improvement (QI) program that addresses at a minimum:
- Conduct resident, family, & employee satisfaction surveys
- Client health outcomes such as hospital readmissions
- Protect client rights / person-centered care
- Be able to list the names of the agencies and link to their agency’s website.